April 2019 NewsletterPublished on April 26, 2019
Read my April E-Newsletter below, and don't forget to sign up to get news straight in your inbox.
At Queen's Park, April is Budget Month, and on April 11th, our government delivered its first budget that starts Ontario on the path to fiscal balance while protecting the services that matter most to you. In this month's newsletter, I wanted to highlight some of the initiatives you can look forward to thanks to this year's budget.
Improving Your Transit Experience
We are making transit more affordable by:
- Saving you $2.56 each day on a return trip from Mimico to Union Station.
- Saving you $1.98 each day on a return trip from Long Branch to Union Station.
This delivers on a personal commitment I made to make transit more affordable and accessible for commuters in South Etobicoke. This major fare change complements a number of previous announcements that directly improve the transit experience for commuters and families in Etobicoke-Lakeshore.
- In March, we announced that kids 12 and under ride GO Transit for free
- In November, we announced that we would be moving forward with improvements to Mimico GO Station, including long-needed access to the station from the South side, at minimal cost to the taxpayer.
- In September, we announced 17 New weekday trips on the Lakeshore West line.
In addition to all of this, we recently announced our $28.5 Billion transit plan to get Toronto moving. This plan delivers on key transit priorities, including the new Ontario Line, which would alleviate congestion on the existing subway network. Commuters from Etobicoke will be able to hop on the GO and transfer onto the Ontario line at its intended terminus at Exhibition/Ontario Place.