Attorney General's Victim Services Awards of Distinction - Call for NominationsPublished on November 17, 2020
Ontario’s government is committed to standing up for victims of crime and supporting the growth of safer communities in every region of our province. The leadership, expertise and commitment of local volunteers, organizations and practitioners is critical to ensuring victims can access dedicated supports and services when and where they need them.
As part of our government’s determination to strengthen access to responsive and resilient victim services, I am pleased to announce that nominations are now being accepted for the 2020-21 Attorney General’s Victim Services Awards of Distinction. The deadline for nominations is Thursday, December 17, 2020 by 11:59pm.
This important awards program recognizes the dedication and creativity of professionals and volunteers who serve victims, and the courageous efforts of individuals who have been personally impacted by crime and are now working to raise the profile of victims’ issues in Ontario, including in Indigenous, northern, and rural communities.
Nominations can be made for any eligible individual or organization/group in Ontario:
- individual victims of crime*, their family members, or others personally impacted by crime who have raised the profile of victims’ issues in Ontario
- volunteers who offer their time and personal resources to help victims
- professional practitioners and paid victim services providers who have gone above and beyond their regular duties while providing support to victims of crime
- programs, groups and organizations that deliver innovative services to victims of crime
*Crime means an offence under the Criminal Code (Canada).
There is no age restriction for nominees. Nominations of youth are especially encouraged.
Please note that the ministry cannot accept self-nominations or nominations for:
- persons who are not residents of Ontario
- organizations located outside of Ontario
- employees of federal, provincial and municipal governments and sworn police officers
- persons with criminal cases currently before the courts
The nomination package, including the nomination form and instructions, are available on the Ministry of the Attorney General’s website at https://www.attorneygeneral.jus.gov.on.ca/english/ovss/awards.php.
You can obtain more information by contacting the awards’ Planning Committee at [email protected].
Please help share this information so that deserving individuals and groups in our communities may be considered for this award.