ONTARIO SUPPORTING COMMUNITIES AND JOB CREATION THROUGH MAJOR INFRASTRUCTURE PROJECTSPublished on December 11, 2020
TORONTO - The Ontario government continues to advance 40 major infrastructure projects across the province using the public-private partnership (P3) model. Laurie Scott, Minister of Infrastructure, released the latest P3 Market Update today.
"Today's P3 Market Update provides an update on our government's ongoing commitment to key infrastructure projects including subways, health care, highways and community safety projects," said Minister Scott. "Our infrastructure investments, especially those included in the pipeline, support local jobs and community improvement by contributing to the growth, renewal and long-term economic recovery of the province."
Highlights from the latest P3 Market Update:
- The Request for Qualifications for the Hamilton Health Sciences - West Lincoln Memorial Hospital project was issued in November 2020.
- The QEW Credit River Bridge will reach Financial Close in December 2020.
- The Request for Proposals for the Ontario Line - Rolling Stock, Systems, Operations and Maintenance and Southern Civil, Stations and Tunnel packages, will be issued in December 2020.
- The Thunder Bay Correctional Complex will reach Financial Close in 2022.
- The Request for Proposal for Grandview Children's Treatment Centre has moved to March 2021, and Financial Close has moved to winter 2022.
- Under the newly created Rapid Procurement and Delivery Program, the Solicitor General — Segregation Capital Program procurement began in November 2020 and will close in March 2021.
"IO is working with Government ministries and other broader public sector partners to help deliver vital infrastructure - smarter, better and faster than traditional methods," said Michael Lindsay, President & CEO of Infrastructure Ontario. "IO worked with the Ministry of Long-Term Care during the past summer to successfully procure the rapid delivery of four new Long-Term Care facilities using a Modified Construction Management model. The December Update outlines IO's current rapid procurement and delivery projects in the justice sector."
The P3 Market Update affirms the Government of Ontario's commitment to P3s and public infrastructure.
- The P3 Market Update, released quarterly, is a list of public projects in the pre-procurement and procurement stages for which Ontario has committed investments. The list helps potential local and global private-sector partners organize their time and resources to make sure Ontario gets robust, innovative and competitive bids for its P3 infrastructure projects.
- The P3 Market Update includes a total of 40 P3 projects, including 16 civil (such as transit, subways, highways), and 24 social, in procurement or pre-procurement.
- The June 2020 Update was the largest in Ontario’s history, investing more than $60 billion in large, complex P3 projects across Ontario.
- Infrastructure Ontario (IO), a Crown agency overseen by the Minister of Infrastructure, is responsible for delivering projects under Ontario's P3 model.
- To find out more about projects in your community, visit the Ontario Builds map.