Queensway Health Centre Queensway Health Centre to Receive $400,000Published on January 30, 2020
Mississauga – Ontario is investing in the health and safety of patients as it addresses urgent upgrades, repairs and maintenance to help modernize 131 hospitals across the province. As part of that announcement MPP Christine Hogarth (Etobicoke-Lakeshore) is pleased to announce that Queensway Health Centre will be receiving $400,000 to maintain their infrastructure and to help ensure a safe and comfortable environment for patients to receive care. In total Trillium Health Partners is set to receive $4,672,219 from the Health Infrastructure Renewal Fund to fund renovations across their three sites.
“Our Government has a concrete plan to end Hallway Health Care in Ontario. Today’s announcement will ensure Trillium Health Partners can continue to provide high quality care to the people of Etobicoke-Lakeshore.”
“Delivering safe, high quality care to patients is our top priority,” said Michelle DiEmanuele, President and CEO at Trillium Health Partners. “This funding will allow us to make critical infrastructure repairs and upgrades across our three sites, including updating our nurse call system to improve patient safety, completing roofing repairs and modernizing some of our elevators. We are grateful for the government’s ongoing partnership and support.”
- Ontario is investing $175 million in repairs and upgrades to 131 hospitals this year through the Health Infrastructure Renewal Fund.
- Trillium Health Partners will receive the total of $4,672,219
- Credit Valley Hospital - $3,300,000
- Mississauga Hospital - $975,000
- Queensway Health Centre - $400,000
- In addition, Ontario is investing $7.2 million to address ongoing urgent and/or emergent infrastructure renewal needs for community health service providers who met specific criteria on a priority basis, through the Community Infrastructure Renewal Fund.
For more information contact:
Office of Christine Hogarth, MPP